Has it really been almost a year since I started this blog? And have we really never posted anything since then? Wow...we're pretty lazy....or else FB is monopolizing our lives...
So here's what's new with me:
1. I'm officially checked out with regards to NYC...at least until the visitors come!
2. I'm so over winter and darkness settling in around 5:00.
3. I went for two months with really hardcore workouts, and for the past month I've fallen off the wagon. Diet has also fallen prey to my every whim and craving.
4. Roommates are not all they're cracked up to be.
I really want this to be more of a record of our thoughts amongst us three...things we can all share together. Like prayer requests, concerns with hubbies, job stuff, and the general gossip that goes along with girls getting together!
I would really love it if you guys could pray for Charlie and his/God's decision on where we will end up for residency. Of course, he wants Little Rock first, but he is having a hard time deciding how he'll rank Fort Smith and Fayetteville. He keeps going back and forth. I have been praying that he'll get some peace and assurance about this decision.
I just started reading The Wedding today on the train. That danged Nicholas Sparks...he sucks you in every time...
There's a teacher I work with who told me about the Hallelujah Diet. It sounds really healthy, but almost impossible to try. I want to read more about it. It's like a vegetarian/vegan diet, but it supposedly has Biblical foundations. I wish I could be healthy like that without any effort or sacrifice on my part. And I wish Charlie would do it with me for motivation.
Holla back now!! - Emily
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm actually glad you made a new post. I like the idea of having this as a venue for prayer requests and the such. I will be praying for charlie and his decision about where to go. It's definitely a big one, and I hope he is praying about it a lot himself. It stinks that you've slacked on your diet and exercising, but if it makes you feel any better, I haven't been doing so hot in that area either. Of course, I have stopped buying my beloved poptarts for the time being, so I feel like that's a step in the right direction. Being sick and having the runs every day also helps in the whole losing weight thing. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm ready for spring too! I do like cold weather, but I'm ready to bust out the cute Spring clothes, and buy new ones!
Gots to love a Nicholas Sparks book! The Wedding is a GOOD one! You'll love it. Especially how it ends. Leslie bought me his newest book today, The Last Song, because I'm sick. I thought that was really sweet of him! He also brought me some Imodium. Let's pray it helps.
I don't think you need to go so far as starting a vegan diet to lose weight. It's really just the small stuff like cutting out real sugary things like cokes and lots of sweets, and just being conscious of what you're eating. I would think as long as you're not eating whole boxes of little debbies along with a bottle of coke, you're probably gonna be ok. :-)
I can't wait for you guys to be back in AR! We can keep each other more motivated that way, I think.